|Creatures|| Black Substance|
|Notable loot||Rubber Boots|
|Notes||Carry a light source; the storm makes it hard to see.|
The Great Lake is a unique location found in the Swamp biome. It's one of the largest areas in the game, if not the largest one. It operates on its own independent weather system - a continual rainstorm that mutes all sunlight into a cloudy darkness, heavily obscuring vision. It can be hard to navigate the area, however flashes of lightning will occasionally illuminate a portion of the screen.
In the center of the storm is a house which has various items including a pair of Rubber Boots. A large snout-like protrusion on the ground can also be found nearby. If it is attacked, it shrivels up and the storm ends, allowing the Protagonist to freely navigate the area.
- Bring strong light sources to navigate the darkness, and to burn off the Black Substance. The Lantern offers a passive light source and Flares offers a brighter light. Both kinds of flashlights will wake up sleeping Red Chompers covered in the Black Substance.
- Any kind of loud noise (running, shooting) will wake up sleeping Red Chompers. Plan accordingly.
- Keep a watch on you; while in the storm it's hard to tell the time, making it possible to get lost in the area during nightfall.
- It will wake up four nearby Red Chompers if you kill The Snout first.
- If the player manages to keep quiet as possible, the player can use an Axe and silently kill all of them before they even wake up.
- If stealth fails, use the water to your advantage. Red Chompers are slower than the player in it, making them much more manageable. Also, killing a Chomper in the water won't cause it to split in half after death as it does on land.
- This location used to be called the "Huge Lake".