- For the other hideouts, see Hideout.
|Old Woods Hideout|
|Notable loot||Note - desertion|
This hideout is the most dangerous place to stay at night in Chapter 1, as every night it will be visited by Red Chompers, Huge Dogs and Banshees. As a trade-off, each night survived in the hideout will earn 200 reputation with the Trader.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Old Woods hideout has two generators, one functional and one broken that can be scavenged for items. The functional one is located on the other side of the wall from the oven, while the defunct one is found in the oven room itself.
- Survival here is similar to the rest of the Old Woods: stealth is key. Avoid making loud noises and stay out of sight unless you've already been spotted.
- This hideout has a good number of hallways and rooms with openings in serpentine patterns. Use this to your advantage to lose chasing enemies if fighting is out of the question.
- The player can lure the chompers to a Gas Tank with meat or the Protagonist's flesh and then detonate the gas tank with a firearm and kill multiple chompers at once. If the player is skillful enough, they can hit the gas tank with a Melee Weapon and let it fly toward the chompers.
- Unlike the Dry Meadow hideout and the Silent Forest hideout, the Old Woods hideout has a number of cracked walls.
- The entry hall is the only room that can be fully barricaded.
- Unlike Savages and Dogs of both kinds, Red Chompers are aggressive and strong enough to completely destroy a barricade before they lose interest, even if they're not aware of the Protagonist's presence. Always expect a need to fight or flee during nights in the Old Woods.
- It is wise to have Gas Bottles or Molotov Cocktails in case you can not avoid a Banshee as they are much more common in this hideout.
- The protective area from the oven's gas doesn't extend beyond the hideout's outer walls, so the Floor Gore may present a problem. Be careful not to run outside unless absolutely necessary and you have a quick entranceway back into the hideout.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This seems to be the only hideout in the game that isn't based on a location from before Alpha 2.
- The tiles and layout suggest this may be a lab, clinic or small hospital of some kind.
- Before the removal of The Thirst, the Protagonist had to collect a bucket in one of the wardrobes in order to build up the well and be able to drink from it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.