|The Apartment (dream)|
|Notable loot|| Military Flashlight|
The Apartment is a Dream Sequence encountered after reaching Dose Tier 2, 3 or 4.
The entirety of the dream takes place in The Apartment.
A younger, healthier version of the Protagonist wakes up from his bed (with a woman sleeping beside him) to prepare for the morning. He turns on the Tv and it plays:
The lights go out and the player can hear loud knocks at the door. Upon answering it, the Protagonist is greeted by an older version of himself (his present self), which causes him to wake back up in Darkwood.
The player can also avoid looking at the Protagonist, walk down the dark hallway and end the dream. Alternatively, if the player is careful enough, they can walk closely to the wall on the right and find a hidden door which leads to a dark secret passageway full of chairs, Shiny Stones and some kind of glimmering lights similar to stars. Eventually, the player reaches a Tv in the middle of the passageway and the dream ends.
There are several ways the dream can end:
- Look at the Protagonist: No apparent results.
- Walk down the dark hallway: No apparent results.
- Discover the hidden door: No apparent results.
- The woman sleeping next to him is the Protagonist's girlfriend or wife (more likely the latter), who is mentioned very rarely throughout the game. It is unclear what their status was prior to the events of the game, though the Protagonist does seem to be trying to get back to her (as implied in a certain Night Event and the nature of the Epilogue).
- This dream is one of the few story-related pieces about the Protagonist's life prior to the events of the game.
- There is a hidden door to the north of the hallway and one to the south, both are connected through the same secret passageway.